Every leader in public education must be a tech visionary.
From the shift to blended and online learning to tools that engage and challenge students academically, and from technology that enables educators to work smarter and not harder to processes that enable district office staff to be more effective and efficient, there are huge implications for the decisions we make around technology for all learners and customers. Engaging the students in today's classrooms in rigorous learning, enhanced and supported by intentionally placed technology, makes instruction relevant to students' learning and their personal lives. Well-trained teachers and leaders can foster stronger, dynamic relationships with students, resulting in powerful educational environments for all students.
Selected by the White House as one of its 100 #FutureReady Superintendents, working on the ConnectEd Inititative with the US Department of Education, Dr. Gonzales met with President Barack Obama and Secretary Arne Duncan in November 2014. She has been a leader in educational technology for close to ten years. That leadership has included:
- TICAL cadre member (Technology Information Center for Administrative Leadership)
- California Department of Education - Education Tech Task Force
- California Department of Education - K12 High Speed Network
- Leading Edge Certified Trainer - Administrators
- Leading Edge Certified Trainer - Professional Learning Leader
- CUE Legislative Advocacy Committee (Computer Using Educators)
- ACSA Technology Leadership Group (Association of California School Administrators)
In recent years, Dr. Gonzales has presented regionally, statewide and nationally, including at the ISTE National Conference, ACSA Leadership Summit, California School Boards Association Annual Conference, ACSA Superintendent's Symposium, and the Arkansas Lead 3.0 Conference.
Check out these videos that focus on strong ed tech instructional practices and the #FutureReady Initiative, as well as photos from the #FutureReady gathering at The White House.